‘Tis the Season for Good
Did you know that Virginia Organizing —
- organizers meet one-to-one with community members and directly affected people all over Virginia and help leaders build skills for community change?
- participates in civic engagement, voter registration, and restoration of rights efforts all year, every year?
- supports interns learning organizing skills?
- holds an annual Power Analysis to evaluate our goals, measure our strategic capacity, and determine how we will create change in Virginia in the next year?
- helped ban the criminal history question on public job applications in 21 localities to give formerly incarcerated individuals a shot at work?
We do all these things and more…but not without you.
Our goal is 100 new monthly sustainers! Here’s how you can help:
- $6 a month covers one day of intern training
- $10 a month helps our organizers do a week’s worth of one-to-ones with people who may have never before been asked what they want to see change in their community
- $27 a month provides leadership development training for one grassroots leader
- $50 a month gives a person with low-income who is ready to take action a chance to attend a weekend Dismantling Racism workshop
- $100 a month means five people can attend our annual Power Analysis weekend and learn more about strategic organizing in their community
Visit our donation page at www.virginia-organizing.org/donate on November 29 or donate now using the form below. Thank you for making a difference with your monthly donation!
If you prefer to make a one-time contribution, please mail your checks to 703 Concord Avenue, Charlottesville, VA 22903 and note #GivingTuesday in the memo line.