On Friday, January 4, there will be budget hearings across the Commonwealth! Amendments to the 2012-2014 biennium budget will be discussed and you have a chance to weigh in on the discussion.
Will you consider attending one of these hearings and share your support for Medicaid expansion? You can get more information by clicking here. The hearings will be held at the following locations and times:
FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
(Hearing begins at 10:00 a.m.)
– Manassas – Hylton Performing Arts Center, George Mason University, Prince William Campus
(Hearings begin at 12:00 noon)
– Middletown – Lord Fairfax Community College, Corron Community Development Center
– Virginia Beach – Tidewater Community College, Advanced Technology Center Theater
– Roanoke – Virginia Western Community College, Business Science Building, Whitman Theater
– Richmond Area – Virginia State University, Virginia Hall, Anderson-Turner Auditor
Please tell us which one you are planning to attend by clicking here! The purpose of these hearings are so legislators can hear from the people who are affected by the budget. I hope you will attend and stand up and say that you support Medicaid expansion during the comment period!
You can access information written by The Commonwealth Institute on why refusing Medicaid is a costly mistake for Virginia by clicking here.
If you aren’t able to attend the Budget Hearings this week, you can still let your state Delegate and state Senator know that you support Medicaid expansion. Find your state representatives by clicking here. If you need more information about Medicaid expansion, contact Organizing Director Brian Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for standing up for Medicaid expansion in Virginia!