We support Fund Our Schools’ priorities, including full funding for the revised Standards of Quality, increased wrap-around services, additional school support staff, and better compensation for teachers and staff. We oppose the diversion of public school funding to private school vouchers and tax credits.
- Support SB 1330 (McClellan): Increases the grace period to pay late rent from 5 to 14 days.
- Support HB 1635 (Bulova): Allows a tenant to break lease immediately if the unit is uninhabitable.
- Support HB 1702 (Maldonado): Requires any landlord who owns four units or more to give notice of rent increases no less than 60 days before the current lease expires.
- Support $150 million investment in Virginia’s Housing Trust Fund
- Support $45 million investment in Housing Stability Fund for a three-year state voucher pilot program
- Support $12.5 million in additional funding for the Virginia Eviction Reduction Program pilot program
- Support SB 802 (Hashmi)/HB 1433 (P. Scott): Counseling Compact.
- Support SB 1300 (Deeds): Requires trauma-informed care training for school teachers.
- Support HB 2054 (Hope): CSB information to defendants.
- Support HB 2182 (Robinson): Establishes an advisory committee composed of unpaid individuals who are receiving or who have received behavioral health services.
- Support SB 1447 (Edwards): Directs the State Corporation Commission to establish shutoff limitations on utilities during extreme weather, public health emergencies, and on Fridays and public holidays.
- Support HB 1604 (Sullivan/Ware) and SB 1321 (McClellan/Deeds), Affordable Energy Act: Restores the historic regulatory authority of the SCC to adjust investor-owned utilities’ electricity rates.
Virginia Organizing also supports efforts to make our state income tax structure more progressive, protect abortion access, and increase investments in childcare access and affordability.
More details about each bill can be found on the General Assembly’s website.