Richmonders for Peace in Israel-Palestine (RPIP) is a diverse group committed to working together and with others to support a just and lasting peace that ends the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians. As advocates for universal human rights, we engage the Richmond community in open discussion focused on the need for equal rights for Palestinians.
We support a just and lasting peace by:
- challenging Israeli policies that have led to human rights abuses and the lack of security for Palestinians;
- advocating the end of Israeli military occupation of, and settlement construction in, the West Bank and East Jerusalem, as well as the military blockade of Gaza;
- presenting the Palestinian case for the restitution of economic, civil and political rights;
- pointing out the power differential that exists between Israel and Palestine that prevents a fair negotiation of the conflict; and the role that the U.S. government, media, corporations, and others play in maintaining this power differential;
- advocating that the United Nations is an appropriate authority for mediating a just and secure resolution to the conflict.
RPIP meets monthly on the third Thursday of every month. If you are interested in more information about us, email@example.com or check out our Facebook page.