The first half of 2012 has been incredible and we want you to see all that we have done together!
The report contains information about our work across the state and what we have accomplished so far. We've included photos, quotes from leaders and interns, and information about local, state, and national campaigns done in the first six months of 2012.
I hope you will enjoy seeing all the accomplishments made possible by your donations, time and commitment!
Virginia Organizing is now more than halfway through the year, and we still need your help for the next four months! I've listed some of the ways that you can be involved in bringing about social and economic justice in your community, the Commonwealth, and the United States. You don't have to do everything, but can you commit to help with something?
Here's what we need for the rest of 2012:
- Volunteer with our phone bank! You'll help get people the information they need to get to the polls this November and let their voice be heard. We believe that every voice is important; will you help us encourage people to vote? You only need a phone and a computer to volunteer (and you can do it from home)! Contact Harold Folley at email@example.com for more information or to volunteer.
- Help register and educate voters! We are continuing our work in the community to register voters and educate voters on the identification they need to bring to the polls this year. October 15, 2012 is the deadline to register to vote in the November election. Will you help us make sure every eligible Virginian gets a chance to vote? Will you help us get the word out about what people will need at the polls in order for their vote to count? Contact Joe Szakos at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Make a donation! Did you know there are several ways you can donate to Virginia Organizing? You can donate just by shopping at Kroger using our special Kroger gift cards and it won’t cost you anything extra! You can also donate online by clicking here to make a one-time donation or set up recurring donations. Donations by check can be sent to Virginia Organizing, 703 Concord Avenue, Charlottesville, VA 22903. For more information on how to donate, contact Sally Bastian email@example.com.
- Write a letter to the editor! Express your opinion about issues that are important to you and submit them to your local newspaper. Need help? Contact your local organizer or Amanda Pohl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get involved with a local chapter! Click here to visit our website and find out if there is a chapter in your area! Are you interested in bringing a chapter to your area or need help with a local issue? Contact Brian Johns at email@example.com.
Your support means so much! From the bottom of my heart, I say thank you for your hard work and for making Virginia Organizing successful!