URGENT ACTION NEEDED
It's time the ultra-rich paid their fair share…
Tomorrow, the U.S. Senate will have a chance to show us where their priorities really lie — either with the top 2% or the other 98% of us.
Senator Jim Webb has not committed to voting for the 98%! We need you to call him today, and get five of your friends to call as well, and ask him to extend tax cuts to those who make under $250,000 a year and end tax cuts for those who make more than this.
Call 866-507-1570 and tell Senator Webb to stand with the 98% to ensure that those who receive tax breaks are the ones who really need it.
We know the tax system is rigged in favor of the ultra-rich and corporations at the expense of the rest of us. Ending the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% is a good first step towards tax fairness. Senate leaders have a bill that will do just that, but the opponents of the bill refuse to make the wealthiest Americans pay their fair share.
Some Senators believe that giving away $1 trillion in tax breaks to the richest 2% will create jobs. If this were true, we would have seen the results of these tax credits by now. We believe the middle class is the engine of our economy and that when working people have money, they spend it, creating business and jobs.
Don't let our government hold 98% of us hostage. The Senate votes tomorrow! Tell Senator Jim Webb where you stand (866-507-1570)!
It was bankers on Wall Street who got us into this mess. So why is it that the middle class are the ones cleaning it up? We need a balanced approach to our budget woes, and that means making the ultra-rich, including the wealthiest 2% of Americans, pay their fair share.
We need a fair tax system that works for the 99% of us who work hard and play by the rules, not the 1% who lobby hard and rewrite them.