With each passing year more and more attention is being directed to our Earth and Her wellbeing. Vital progress has been made in the last 15 years, but there is much more work to be done. April 22, 2015 is the 45th anniversary of Earth Day, a great opportunity to give special recognition to our wonder-filled Earth and the bounty of gifts She blesses us with.
To celebrate the life-giving resources and grandeur of the Earth this year, here are some specific actions:
- Resolve to increase your efforts to promote Her preservation.
- Read an article or book about the environment, such as Stephen Nash’s Virginia Climate Fever, which can be found at your local library.
- Spend more time with nature, especially attending to the wonders around you;
- Attend one of the Earth Day events being held in your region. Examples in South-Hampton Roads include: the ODU Ecofair onApril 21st on the Quad and the Hands Across the Sand rally on May 16th at 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at the beach.
- Urge you representatives to introduce and/or support legislation that positively affects our Earth.
Happy Earth Day!