Though some would think recycling is simple, it does make demands on us:
- we have to think to do it;
- we have to take a moment or so to reasonably clean the item;
- we need to locate the recycling container, which may not be right at hand.
On the other hand, the benefits of recycling are many:
- C02 in our atmosphere is reduced;
- the amount of waste thrown into our landfills is decreased;
- the recycled materials eliminate some of the steps in the production of merchandise;
- jobs increase.
The satisfaction of knowing that we are being responsible stewards, caring for our earth, can outweigh the demands recycling makes on us. The few moments required to recycle contribute to the preservation of our earth.