Please share this flyer with friends all over Virginia!
Help End the Legacy of Slavery at UVA.
From the flyer:
Tell UVA President Jim Ryan that the University of Virginia must pay all its workers, including contract workers, at least $15 an hour. Jim Ryan (434) 924-3337 • email@example.com
UVA must join the growing list of public universities who have already agreed to pay their workers at least $15 an hour:
University of California New York University
Columbia University State University of New York
Duquesne University University of Rochester
University of Minnesota University of Washington
UVA Medical Center, too, must pay workers higher wages, joining:
University of Maryland Medical Center
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Boston Medical Center
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
The money is there to make this happen:
The value of the UVA endowment (July 2018) is $6.4 BILLION.
Some current UVA pay rates:
• Jim Ryan, President – $750,000 (plus $270,000 in deferred compensation, bonuses, fees)
• J.J. Davis, VP/CEO– $550,000 (plus bonuses and fees)
• Liz Magill, VP/Provost (2019) – $675,000 (plus signing bonus, allowances, fees)
• The average salary of a full professor: $165,321
• Mike London, former coach – got $2.7 million to stop coaching
• Dave Leitao, former coach – got $2.1 million to stop coaching
• Pete Gillen, former coach – got $2 million to stop coaching
• Al Groh, former coach – UVA was willing to pay him $4.3 million to stop coaching
It is absolutely immoral that any worker at the University of Virginia is not paid at least $15 an hour. Call Jim Ryan today and demand that UVA begin to end its legacy of slavery by paying its workers a fair wage.