Learn about the new health care law and tell your friends and family!
Key Benefits for Virginia
- Provide tax credits for up to 99,565 Virginia small businesses to help make coverage more affordable.
- Prohibit insurance companies from excluding coverage of pre-existing conditions for the 1.8 million children in Virginia, starting this year.
- Close the donut hole and improve other Medicare benefits for 1.1 million Virginia seniors.
- Allows young people to stay on their parents health insurance plan until they are 26.
- Reduce Medicare premiums for the 934,000 Virginia seniors who are not enrolled in Medicare Advantage and will no longer subsidize these private insurance plans.
- Ensure affordable coverage options for 1.2 million Virginians who are uninsured and 344,000 Virginians who purchase health insurance through the individual market.
- Ensure immediate access to affordable insurance options for as many as 111,961 uninsured Virginians who have a pre-existing condition.
- Provide tax credits for up to 684,000 Virginians to help make health insurance more affordable, bringing $11.1 billion in premium and cost-sharing tax credits into Virginia during the first five years of the health insurance Exchange.
- Reduce family health insurance premiums by $1,550 – $2,210 for the same benefits, as compared to what they would be without health reform by 2016.
- Provide more federal funding for 146 Community Health Centers in Virginia.