We believe in comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship. Our vision of reform includes immigrants and native-born U.S. citizens working shoulder to shoulder to achieve better wages, working conditions and labor protections. We want to ensure that everyone is playing by the same set of rules and make it harder for unscrupulous employers to cheat any worker, including immigrants.
Virginia Organizing is proud to be the state coordinator for Alliance for Citizenship (A4C), a national campaign to win citizenship for 11 million Americans-in-waiting who are living in the United States today. Virginia Organizing is working with dozens of groups across the Commonwealth to get our Members of Congress to support immigration reform. To be part of this campaign, contact Joe Szakos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a part of this national effort, Virginia Organizing has adopted the A4C core principles for reform:
· Secure the broadest possible legalization with a path to citizenship
· Preserve and work to advance family reunification
· Protect rights and working conditions for all workers
· Block enforcement measures that violate due process
· Accord the responsibilities and rights required for full integration into American society
In addition, we have a statewide Immigration Strategy Committee for grassroots people to be involved in the policy change process.