Virginia Organizing will be participating in the 2014 Amazing Raise! The Amazing Raise is a large, online fundraiser that helps non-profits raise money for their work.
Here’s how it works—supporters make donations through the Amazing Raise website and Virginia Organizing can also win cash prizes to continue the great grassroots organizing work we are doing! There are a variety of prizes for the organization that gets the most donations during particular time slots throughout the day (we’ll keep you posted on those).
As we prepare for the Amazing Raise, here are some things you can do now to help:
- Mark your calendar for September 17-18, 2014—this is when the Amazing Raise happens! We will be competing for prizes during the day starting at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, September 17.
- Set aside $50 or more for a donation to Virginia Organizing during this time. While every donation helps, we are only eligible for prizes based on each unique gift of $50 or more we receive during the Amazing Raise, contributed through the competition website! We are five weeks away, which means if you save $10 a week, you can help us win more money and see your donation go further!
- Bookmark http://www.theamazingraise.org/ on your computer so you can quickly find the link to donate to Virginia Organizing.
- Read your emails to make sure you get the most up-to-date information on donation prizes Virginia Organizing is in the running for.
- Be our friend on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Tell your friends! The more donations we get, the more likely we are to win prize money. Please help us by spreading the word.
It is our goal to raise $25,000 this year. And we have a donor that will match every new donation dollar for dollar, so you can double the value of your donation — plus help us win additional prizes! Can we count on your help?
Thank you for all you’ve already done to help Virginia Organizing raise money so we can work together to make Virginia a more just place for all people!