The General Assembly will finish its 2019 session on Saturday. Right now conferees from the Senate and the House of Delegates are working together to produce a version of the budget that both houses can accept. It’s an important moment to contact your legislators, especially if they are budget conferees. Ask them to increase funding for important public services.
Budget amendments can still be passed to increase funding for:
- public schools and teachers
- assistance for families with foster children
- the statewide Housing Trust Fund
- efforts to address coastal flooding
House Budget Conferees
- S. Chris Jones (R-Suffolk)
- R. Steven “Steve” Landes (R-Augusta)
- Christopher K. Peace (R-Hanover)
- Barry D. Knight (R-Virginia Beach)
- T. Scott Garrett (R-Lynchburg
- Luke E. Torian (D-Prince William)
- Mark D. Sickles (D-Arlington)
Senate Budget Conferees
- Thomas K. Norment, Jr. (R-District 3)
- Emmett W. Hanger, Jr. (R-District 24) ·
- Janet D. Howell (D-District 32)
- Richard L. Saslaw (D-District 35)
- Stephen D. Newman (R-District 23) ·
- Frank M. Ruff, Jr. (R-District 15)
- Frank W. Wagner (R-District 7)
If you are uncertain whether your senator or delegate is on this list, please use this map to find them.
For more on foster care needs, please see this fact sheet from the Commonwealth Institute.
Please let your legislators know that you care about high quality public services in Virginia!