Voters turned out on November 2 in high numbers to demand that the economy be fixed. It starts with a jobs agenda – extending unemployment benefits, ending tax cuts for millionaires and protecting key domestic programs that serve our families.
Congress returns to Washington this week and immediately faces a critical $700,000,000,000 Question:
Do we keep the Bush Tax Cuts for the richest 2 percent? Or do we end them for good, and invest in the other 98 percent of us instead?
Congress will decide this month. Let's tell them to be Mighty Ducks, not lame ducks.
Virginia Organizing is joining with groups around the country in fighting to extend unemployment benefits, extend tax cuts for the middle class and end the tax cuts for the wealthy. Join our National Call-In Day to Congress.
Call 1-866-606-1189 and we’ll patch you through so that YOU can tell Congress to end the millionaire bailout and help the unemployed.
Please call your Virginia members of Congress and let them know that we are tired of borrowing money from China to subsidize the “millionaire bailout” for the wealthy. Tell them to end the Bush tax cuts for the rich and extend the tax cuts for the other 98 percent of Americans.
And please take a moment to sign the petition to Congress.Sign our petition today.
There is a lot at stake, so be sure to tell your friends and family.
Thanks for fighting for common sense policies along with us: your friends and neighbors in the “other 98 percent.”